This content was originally featured on Amdmb.com and has been converted to PC Perspective’s website. Some color changes and flaws may appear.
The Z4 Aqua combines killer looks with good performance and would make a great addition to anyone’s system. Under a cold cathode light this block looks awesome as it reflects the light quite well. The heater core with the shroud and Enermax adjustable rpm fan provides an excellent means of heat removal with the ability to lower noise levels.[lower noise comes at the expense of warmer system temps]
Although the mounting device is very secure, it can be a pain for those who change CPU ‘s quite often. In order to change processors or install the water-block the motherboard must be removed or a hole can be cut on the back of the motherboard tray to assist in making this an easier chore. CPU-FX has another hold down option for this water block that does not require the motherboard to be removed as it uses the Ziff socket to connect to not the 4 holes on the motherboard[this clamp is sold separately, it is called the Unimount clamp]. All in all this is a pretty decent performing system with some killer looks to enhance the beauty of your case.
- Protective anodized coating on the water block.
- Excellent machining and looks
- Fast shipping and great customer service
- Excellent radiator
- Shroud and fan are a great addition.
- Comes well packed
- The motherboard tray must be removed in order to install the water block or change proc.
- The heater core is rather large and could pose installation problems in cramped quarters