“If you’re tired of the racket your PC is making, you have two choices before you. You can either go for a lower performance PC that will probably not provide all the latest features – or go for no compromise PC with all the latest and most powerful processor, graphics card and so on. Of course, the high performance PC will need a number of modifications to control the noise.”
Here are some more Cases & Cooling reviews from around the web:
- Spire’s CopperStream II @ dansdata
- Battle of the Titans III: Cooler Master Hyper6 vs SP-94 @ Madshrimps &
- Thermalright ALX-800 vs his big brother the SP-97 @ Madshrimps
- Coolmax Chameleon Fan @ HardwareHounds.com
- Ducted Zalman 7000CU A64 System w/Countercurrent Flow Cooling @ silentpcreview
- EverCool Super Silent HPB-C715 Cooler @ systemcooling
- Tt Extreme Giant III GPU Cooler Review
- Tt Mobilefan II+ @ CreativeMods.com
and a few sites looked at the CoolerMaster Hyper 6 Heatpipe
Are you a fan of quiet?
Source: The Register
The Register has a few hints on how to keep your system cooling from drowning out your speakers. 2 round ups from Madshrimps, and 3 reviews of a Coolermaster heatsink. Silent PCReview takes a look at ducting, and among other things, shows how lower rotation speeds limit suction, regardless of the CFM rating.