The PC AirCon is a small, solid-state airconditioner designed specifically for cooling personal computers.
Waffer Technology Corp’s PC AirCon is a small, solid-state air conditioner designed specifically for personal computers. The PC AirCon uses a thermoelectric cooler (TEC) to chill room air, which is then blown into the PC enclosure.
- Incorporates advanced thermoelectric technology
- Compact, blue LCD temperature monitor built-in
- Simple, flexible control options
- Easy installation
Specifications for PC AirCon PAC 400
- Dimensions: 250 x 131 x 129mm (L x W x H)
- Net weight: 805g
- Color: Silver gray and black
- System Cooling Power (SCP): 80 watts
- Cooling: Thermoelectric chip and aluminum heatsinks
- Fans: 70mm, 4,600 RPM, 37 dBA
- Input voltage: 12 VDC
- Input power: 52 watts
The heart of the PC AirCon is a thermoelectric cooler that operates on the Peltier effect. When a DC voltage is applied to the TEC, one side of the Peltier device gets hot and the other side gets cold. Waffer Technology has sandwiched a small TEC between two aluminum heatsinks, each with its own fan.
The fan attached to the hot-side heatsink pulls air in thru the top of the PAC 400 and blows it across the heatsink to cool the hot-side of the TEC. The fan attached to the cold-side heatsink pulls air in thru the bottom of the PAC 400 and blows it across the cold-side heatsink. In the process the incoming room air is cooled and then blown into the PC.