Overclockers Online reviews a new case from Aerocool, called Spiral Galaxies. This case not only has a pre-installed windtunnel, but the clear side panel has a honeycombed pattern of metal on it and a special paint, which they describe togather as this … “Bee-Hive” side panel for improved EMI protection’. Try it out, your CPU temps may drop, and you might get less interference drowning out the voices in your head telling you to buy new hardware!
“So the next big question here, is . . . does that wind tunnel really help? Let’s take a closer look at that. I used my Thermaltake Volcano 9 on this processor running at 2.5ghz, that’s overclocked about 700mhz from the stock 1.8ghz. I used Motherboard Monitor 5 to record the temperatures with the tunnel and without, at idle and under load temperatures.”
Here are some more Cases & Cooling reviews from around the web:
- Enermax CS-718 MaxFlow ATX Case @ PimpRig
- Raidmax Samurai Black Review @ FastLaneHW.com
- Aerocool Spiral Galaxies Case Review @ 3DXtreme
- SunBeamTech Black Transformer Full-Tower Case Review @ EOC!
- Lian-Li PC-60Plus Case Review @ AMD Review
- Sunbeam Transformer Gaming Case @ A True Review