TYAN INVOKES DUAL CORE POWER WITH DUAL PRODUCT LAUNCH
The Transport GT20 (S2865) is a brand-new 1P barebones server system based on Tyan’s award-winning Tomcat K8E (S2865) motherboard, and features a rich list of capabilities within a compact-sized box. Such capabilities include:
* Supports AMD Athlon™ 64, 64 FX, X2, & Opteron™ 100 series (S939) processors
* Dual Core Ready
* 17.2″ width, 1.72″ height, 22.4″ depth
* (4) Hot-swap 3.5″ SATA drive bays with RAID (0, 1, 0+1)
* Remote management optional support
* Delta 350W Power Supply pre-installed, and much more
Other excellent features on the system-level include support for PC3200/2700/2100-type Registered Memory with ECC support (and ChipKill with Opteron processors in select memory configurations), and hardware activity monitoring and control for components such as the fans and VRMs. All of this is backed by full parts, service and support policy from Tyan.
The Tomcat K8E-SLI (S2866) is a highly-integrated entry-level server, high-end desktop motherboard that has all of the great features found in its predecessor, the highly-acclaimed Tomcat K8E (S2865), with additional options for the newest technologies such as:
* Support AMD Athlon™ 64, 64 FX, X2, & Opteron™ 100 series (S939) processors
* Dual Core Ready
* NVIDIA SLI™ dual PCI Express graphics cards support
* Up to 4GB Unbuffered DDR400 memory with ECC/non-ECC and ChipKill support
* 4-ports Serial ATA-II with RAID 0, 1, 0+1
* Audio and FireWire (1394a), and multiple USB 2.0 ports
* Supports up to (3) LAN ports (Two GbE and one 10/100)
* Remote management support
* ATX form factor to fit a majority of chassis enclosures in the market
* Two SKUs to choose from: Server or Workstation
“Many customers require scalable, high-power solutions, but also require that system real estate and cost factors are minimized as much as possible to meet budgetary expectations,” said Danny Hsu, Vice-President of Sales and Marketing at Tyan. “Both the Transport GT20 (B2865) and Tomcat K8E-SLI (S2866) deliver a number of powerful features, at a minimum of cost and improved space requirements.”
The Transport GT20 (S2865) is set to sample in late October of ’05, reaching general availability by the end of Q4’05.
The Tomcat K8E-SLI (S2866) is set to sample in late October of ’05, and will reach general availability by mid-Q4’05.