“We did mention in our regular Catalyst performance analysis earlier in the day that one of the most important additions to the Catalyst 5.11 drivers was the inclusion of the X1800XL and X1800XT. This makes it the first official driver to support ATI’s new series of graphics cards and we found from our sample drivers that there was a slight difference in performance in some games, such as Doom 3 and Half Life 2. Have ATI fixed the issues as we eluded they might?”
Here are some more Graphics Card articles from around the web:
- XFX 7800GT SLI Review @ Motherboards.org
- Leadtek PX7800 GTX TDH MyVIVO Extreme 256MB and SAPPHIRE RADEON X1800 XT 512MB @ HEXUS
- ATi RADEON X1800 XT Hard-On Edition @ HEXUS
- NGO NVIDIA Optimized Driver v1.8189 (x32/x64) @ NGOHQ
- Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce 6600GT with Silent-Pipe II @ HardwareZoom
TweakTown analyses the new ATI Catalyst 5.11, and checks the difference in performance between the sample drivers for the 1800’s and this first official release.