“Could advanced Parallax Mapping represent the first tentative steps toward a ray-tracing future for computer graphics?”
Here are some more Graphics Card articles from around the web:
- A round of GeForce 7 series reviews @ Tech-Hounds
- NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GT @ Adrian’s Rojak Pot
- EVGA e-GeForce 6800 GS Review @ The TechZone
- MSI NX6800GT @ t-break
- EVGA nForce4 SLI Edition @ Motherboards.org
- PowerColor X1800 XT @ Bjorn3D
- PowerColor Radeon X1800 XT 512MB (PCIe) @ HardwareZone
- Desktop Graphics Card Comparison Guide Rev. 9.6 @ Adrian’s Rojak Pot
- Hynix debuts 512Mbit GDDR4 DRAM @ DigiTimes
- Adapting to Parallelism: Catalyst 5.12 More Dual Core Friendly? @ AnandTech
- Zalman Fatal1ty FS-V7 VGA Cooler @ BigBruin
Ray Tracing; The future of graphics?
Accelenation has an article up about one possible future of graphics, Parallax Mapping and Ray-Tracing. Even is it does get a little technical at times, it is well illustrated and you will figure out exactly what they are talking about.