“The Londonderry plant will now become a nanotechnology center of excellence in the development of thin film technology, specializing in next generation and leading-edge photolithography. It will bring total expenditure by Seagate at this facility to almost $600 million since it opened in 1993,” said John Spangler, managing director of Seagate Technology Media Ireland.”
Here are some more Storage reviews from around the web:
- Vantec Nexstar 3 Review @ DH
- Blu-ray Disc considered ‘The New Higher Definition Format’ @ Designtechnica
- Blu-Ray Disc Format Interview @ Hardware Accelerated
- Seagate’s Barracuda 7200.9 hard drives @ The Tech Report
- PQI Memory Intelligent Stick Pro 170 512MB @ PCstats.com
CNet has an article that gives you some insight into the minds of Seagate’s engineers. Significant amounts of money have been invested in nanotechnology, and it may well be affecting their next generation of hard drives.