Testing was performed on an EPoX EP-9NPA+ SLI nForce 4 motherboard. This particular motherboard supports SATA-II, RAID modes 0, 1, and 5 on the NVIDIA MCP, and RAID 0 and 1 on the Silicon Image SiL 3132 controller. The wide support for RAID modes, controllers, and SATA-II makes the EP-9NPA+ SLI ideal as a testing platform for the Revo64 for modern consumer.
For hard drives, we use three Western Digital 200GB / 8MB Cache SATA-II HDD (WD200JS) drives, and a Western Digital 120GB / 8MB Cache SATA drive (WD200JB).
Software trials were run 5 times for each drive configuration and the average taken and reported.
- Motherboard – EPoX EP-9NPA+ SLI
- CPU – AMD FX-53
- Memory – 2×512 Corsair DDR PC3500
- Hard drives
- 3x Western Digital 200GB 8MB Cache (WD200JS) SATA-II
- 1x Western Digital 120GB 8MB Cache (WD200JB) SATA-I
- Drive Controllers
- NVIDIA nForce 4 MCP
- Silicon Image SiL 3132 (integrated on the EP-9NPA+ SLI)
- XFX Revo64 RAID controller