“LR: Let’s talk about the future of computer memory in 2006. It looks like we are going to see DDR3 and FB-DIMM’s enter into the market space this year. Which should enthusiasts be more interested in?
John: I think that 2006 will be all about DDR2, actually. FBDIMM is a server technology, and will have no impact on the enthusiast in the one-to-two year future. And DDR3 in volume is a long way off, except in graphic applications. The most interesting memory-related events in 2006 for the enthusiast will be  the launch of DDR2 Athlons, and the impact on AMD’s current reign as performance champion, and  the launch of more games and operating system revisions that require 2 GBytes of memory for optimal performance…”
Here are some more Memory articles from around the web:
- CES 2006: Company Spotlight – Corsair @ Futurelooks
- Corsair 2GB XMS2 Review @ HardwareHell
- Corsair 2GB XMS-3500LLPRO Memory Kit Pictorial Review @ Adrian’s Rojak Pot
- Crucial Value PC3200 1GB Memory Kit Review @ 3DXtreme
- OCZ EL DDR2 PC2-4200 Gold Gamer eXtreme XTC Edition Memory Review #638 @ 3dGameMan
A talk with one of the founders of Corsair
Source: Legit Reviews
Legit Reviews sits down for a chat with one of the co-founders of Corsair Memory, John Beekley, and you are invited. Take a peek at what Corsiar has coming up over the year, and hear about what they did in 2005 from someone who knows.