ATI’s second go at Crossfire, with X1800’s has seen a better reception than the first run. Now that the drivers and hardware have improved, and it is actually possible to find a Master card to use in a Crossfire setup, it is time for a rematch against nVidia’s SLI. Head to Legit Reviews to see how they stack up.
Don’t forget to look at Ryan’s sneek peek of the 7300 GS, either.
“While ATI’s first generation Crossfire platform proved ATI could offer a dual video card solution to gaming enthusiasts it was based on a core that was dated and had a number of issuses when it came to resolutions. The second generation of Crossfire cards is based on the R520 core, which is still the flagship GPU for ATI and comes packed with the latest features…”
Here are some more Graphics Card articles from around the web:
- ASUS EAX1800XT TOP @ HEXUS
- XFX GeForce 7800 GTX 512MB @ Hardware Zone
- Budget 90nm Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 7300 @ AnandTech
- Thermalright V-1 Ultra VGA Cooler @ ThinkComputers.org
- Zalman VF700-Cu LED @ PureOverclock.com