“Ever since NVIDIA’s SLI debuted, we’ve been hearing about high powered power supplies, which were supposed to have surpass the 700W+ limit in order to support the power hungry SLI setup, but as we found out, all of such news had no merit.”
Here are some more Systems articles from around the web:
- Zalman ZM460-APS Power Supply @ SPCR
- Antec NeoHE 430 Watt PSU @ Overclockers Online
- Antec Neo HE 550W review @ DH
- Ultra X-Connect X2 550W Power Supply w/ FlexForce Modular Cables Review #639 @ 3dGameMan
- Enermax Liberty 400W High Efficiency Power Supply @ SystemCooling
CoolTechZone takes a minute to bust the bubbles of those who thought we would be using a PSU with 1000 watts in order to power SLI rigs by 2006. While the PSU’s overall power keeps growing in importance, we haven’t quite reached the extremes that we could eventually need.