“The new AMD technology refresh, now called AM2, will bring DDR2 memory to the Athlon64 on-processor memory controller. Many in the industry have speculated about the impact of this low latency memory controller on DDR2 performance, which to this point has suffered under the impact of the higher latency Intel Netburst architecture. We are looking forward to the opportunity to take a closer look at DDR2 performance on AM2 – which is everyone’s big question.”
Here are some more Cases & Cooling reviews from around the web:
- Announcing the ARP-Scythe Survey Contest Winners!
- The MAME Project @ Elite Bastards
- SLI: Myth and Reality Part 2 @ Tech-Hounds
- Interview with Marcel Gagne, Author of “Moving to Linux” @ XYZ Computing
- IPEVO Free-1 USB Phone Review @ Everything USB
- Spyware tunnels in on Winamp flaw @ CNET
- Stuffgeek.com Digital Quad Processor @ pc-base.net
- Superbowl 40 Commercials on OCModShop forums
- Vizo Starlet USB cable @ Rbmods
- Epson Dreamio EMP-TW600 @ HardwareZone
AnandTech has put together a 3 page look at the upcoming AM2 AMD processor. If you don’t fully understand what this new processor will be capable of, then give this summary a read to see what it can do beyond simply support DDR2.