“The program, still a work in progress, is available for download from the Internet Explorer section of Microsoft’s corporate Web site, the company said. The company, which began limited testing in July, had promised to deliver a public beta by the end of March.
“The big update is that it’s public,” said Margaret Cobb, group product manager for Internet Explorer at Microsoft. “All previous releases were limited.” ”
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Games as Art and Roger Ebert: Defending a Misunderstood Medium @ Gamehelper.com
- Hardware Giveaway: Pick-Your-Own-Prize! at XYZ Computing
- Make a Wish Foundation – Dream PC Auction @ LFC
- Mozilla 1.8 spirit reincarnates as SeaMonkey 1.0 @ The Inquirer
- SPEC CPU2000. Part 23. Four-processor Dual-core AMD Opteron 875 @ Digit-Life
Internet Explorer discovers tabbed browsing
Source: CNet News.com
CNET has a story about, and a link to download, the newly released IE7 public beta. Head straight to the page if you want to see what the new version can do … the only requirement is that you must have WinXP with SP2 in order to use it, Win2K won’t cut it.