“According to Vole’s site, MechCommander 2 has been released under its Shared Source licence.
The release contains all of the source code and source assets required to build MechCommander 2. The game tells the age old story of boy meeting robot, boy taking control of an entire company of BattleMechs and BattleMechs destroy most of the world.”
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- If you port a game, at least do it right! @ NGOHQ
- God of War II previewed @ The Inquirer
- Sid Meier plans sequels @ The Inquirer
- Elite Bastards retro: A-Z of Classic Games – Part I
- Act of War: High Treason Demo @ Gamepyre
- The Sims 2: Open For Business @ Gamepyre
- Mercenaries (Xbox) @ [H]ard|OCP
Been a while since you commanded a lance of mechs
Source: The Inquirer
Ars Technica and MicroSoft have some good news. MechCommander 2 has gone Shared Source! You can get it from MicroSoft by following the link, although some assembly is required. This should also make modding a possibility for this title.