“PC gamers have always been on the bleeding edge of technology. As a matter of fact, PC gamers have been the driving economic force creating the need for monster video cards faster processors, and PC evolution in general. DDR2 memory is the latest offspring of the PC evolution, providing more memory bandwidth per cycle than its older DDR brother. This new memory is very versatile and should fulfill the needs of gamers, as well as the server crowd for more serious applications.
OCZ has an extensive lineup of DDR2 memory modules, with each line optimized for particular tasks. The new OCZ PC2-4200 Gold GX was designed with low latencies for the gamer. This new memory features OCZ’s latest heatspreader design, dubbed XTC (Xtreme Thermal Convection) to allow for increased ventilation and heat disspitation due to its honeycomb design.”
Here are some more Memory articles from around the web:
- GSKILL 2GB F1-4000USU2-2GBHZ PC4000 @ HardwareXL
- Patriot PDC1G4800+XBLK 1024MB DDR-600 PC4800 Dual Channel @ Pro-Clockers
- Mushkin 2GB XP2-5300 Extreme Performance DDR2 Dual Pack @ Adrian’s Rojak Pot
- OCZ DDR2 PC2-6400 Platinum Enhanced Latency XTC Dual Channel Memory @ 3dGameMan
- OCZ DDR2 PC2-6400 1024MB Platinum Enhanced Latency XTC Review @ 3DXtreme
- Corsair TWINX2048-3500LLPRO Memory Review @ The TechZone
OCZ’s newest DDR2 DIMMs, the XTC DDR2 PC2-4200 gets a full workout at OCMODSHOP today. The XTC is Xtreme Thermal Convection, the heatspreaders are honeycombed copper, and should give you some good overclocking headroom from it’s original speed, 533MHZ @ 4-4-4-12.