“The thing about the two is that, traditionally, people want larger television screens and smaller electronics. One possible solution would be an external TV tuner that you could take with you to watch television on a laptop or hook up to a desktop computer with a big screen attached to it.
Enter the Compro VideoMate U900, a USB TV tuner smaller than a deck of cards. It is a solution that will work on any computer with USB 2.0 access. It’s a niche product that will appeal to a certain niche of people — namely, laptop owners and people who’ve used up all their expansion ports. The VideoMate U900 draws power directly from the USB port it connects to, has video and audio inputs, and can connect to coax cable or a television antenna.”
Here are some more Graphics Card articles from around the web:
- AVerMedia AVerTV Purity 3D MCE 500 Dual Tuner Card Review @ Bigbruin.com
- Desktop Graphics Card Comparison Guide Rev. 10.5 @ Adrian’s Rojak Pot
- EVGA GeForce 7600GS @ GamePyre
- MSI NX7900GT-T2D256E @ HardwareZone
- Titan Eagle GPU Coolers @ Pro-Clockers
- Jetart VC-2000 VGA Heatsink Cools, Confuses Elderly @ OCModShop
- HIS X1900 XTX and HIS X1900 Crossfire Edition @ Bjorn3D
- Sapphire X1900XTX 512 MB video card @ Rbmods
The Compro VideoMate U900 is a tiny TV tuner that accepts coax and antenna signals, and hooks up to a PC or laptop. While being able to carry a device to eceive a TV signal in a pocket sounds great, read the full review at [H]ard|OCP before you run out and buy one.