“AMD STEALTH INTRODUCED a fab technology called MoTSTOF-NOW to increase production at Fab 30. If you recall, 30 was meant to have 20K wafer starts per month, and that went up to 25K in short order.
A few weeks ago, it announced that it hit 30K, and no one was expecting it, it was as close to exciting as an information-free call can get.”
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Microsoft releases SQL Server 2005 SP1 @ CNET
- Linux File System Demystified @ OSWeekly.com
- Linksys SPA-941 Business IP Phone Review @ Techware Labs
- Remembering Greg Tucker and ZXMODS @ Virtual-Hideout
- Death to the Zancudos! @ HotHardware.Com
Source: The Inquirer
Drop by The Inquirer to find out how AMD has managed to get Fab 30 to produce a lot more wafers than originally expected, in a very creative way. Hope we will see price cuts on some of the chips.