“The big question last season when shopping for a new TV was whether or not to invest in a HDTV ready set. That is no longer the question. Prices today are comparable between standard TVs and HDTV compatible ones that it’s a no-brainer to go with a HDTV ready set. So the question is not whether to purchase a HDTV, but what kind of HDTV to purchase? We have three consumer choices: Plasma, LCD, or DLP. Here’s a brief look at the pros and cons of each and our recommended pick in each category.”
Here are some more Display articles from around the web:
- Acer 17″ LCD Computer Monitor Review @ 3DXtreme
- Samsung SyncMaster 970P 19 Inch LCD Monitor Review @ Tweaknews.net
- Philips 230WP7NS 23″ WUXGA LCD Widescreen Monitor @ Bona Fide Reviews
- Samsung LE32T51BX 32″ HD Ready LCD @ UK Gamer
- Basis knowledge part 2: Take a look on LCD technology @ 3DChip
It is time to go HD, but which HDTV type to choose?
Source: Digital Grabber
Digital Grabber revisits the HDTV market, now that the prices are more or less in line with non-HD TVs. Reading this guide should help you along the road of buying a new HDTV, and will give you some defense against the sales patter of staff at your favorite electronics store.