“History of secondary storage is quiet interesting, as it has seen the use of papers to silicon to optical medium. With each generation it gets better, faster and smaller is size and always increasing the storage capacity.”
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Windows to Ubuntu Transition Guide @ PC Mech
- Nikon Coolpix L1 6.2MP Camera @ Techgage
- Koncept Z-Bar LED Desk Lamp @ XYZ Computing
- CoolerMaster & OCIA.net April Giveaway
- Overclockers Online & Cooler Master Contest!
We used to call a 12 inch IBM 729 reel portable …
Source: The Tech Zone
… the kids these days have no idea how easy they have it. The Tech Zone explores the history of portable data, from the floppies that you were amazed could fit 1.44 Mbs of data to the USB flash and HDD based drives of today. Read through it and some of the jokes old sysadmins crack might start making more sense.