“Currently there is next to no price difference between existing Radeon X700 Pro graphics cards, if you can find them and the new Radeon X1600 Pro. However, the real question is does the X1600 Pro warrant an upgrade from pre-existing X700 Pro owners? Those with Radeon X700 Pro graphics cards or the equivalent are limited to reasonably poor 3D performance in today’s newer gaming titles, so how well did the X1600 Pro improve this situation?”
Here are some more Graphics Card articles from around the web:
- MSI RX1800GTO-VT2D256E @ Hardware Zone
- HIS X1800GTO Turbo 256MB @ 3dGameMan
- HIS ATI Radeon X1300 @ LAN Addict
- Connect3D X1300Pro 512MB PCI-E @ ClubOC
- PowerColor X1900 XT Graphics Card @ X-bit Labs
- Zalman Vf900-cu GPU cooler @ Rbmods
- ASUS Debuts AGEIA PhysX Hardware @ AnandTech
- Ageia PhysX First Look @ Techgage
A cheap upgrade, or just wasted cash?
Source: Legion Hardware
The AGP X1600Pro is a very inexpensive card, but is it one you should run out and purchase if you are running a card just reaching middle age? Legion Hardware compares it to an X700 Pro, to find out if it is a worthy upgrade.