“With Microsoft taking a beating because of Vista’s problems and delays, it is time for desktop Linux to step up and experience some considerable growth. Right now, with Vista and Microsoft garnering very low approval ratings, desktop Linux providers need to be more aggressive about their marketing and get their message to concerned consumers. This should not be thought of as kicking Microsoft when it’s down, but the fact remains that a lot of people, even dedicated MS fans, are disappointed with what they know about Vista and what they have been hearing about the company in general. This means it is an ideal time to present people with a viable option.”
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Watch the language! @ VIA Arena
- A Beginner’s Guide to What Goes on Inside that PC @ ExtremeTech
- Abit overclocks Extreme Edition to 5809MHz @ The Inquirer
- The Bitter Crumpet Newsletter, Issue 2 @ Short-Media
- GlobalSat GH-601 Outdoor GPS Watch @ Futurelooks
- Camcorder Buyer’s Guide @ The TechZone
- Nokia N80 (3G with WiFi) @ Hardware Zone
- Microsoft Office 2007 Beta 2 Review @ WindowsAtoZ.com
- Canon to halt development of film cameras @ CNET
Enough about Vista, what’s up with Linux?
Source: XYZ Computing
Vista news is becoming much like a Soap Opera, with new characters and devious plots introduced almost weekly, and a story line that could drag on for years. So switch your channels to XYZ computing, and check out what’s new on Linux.