“We have recently returned from Computex 2006 with our heads still spinning after viewing literally thousands of products from a multitude of suppliers. We already provided some pre-show coverage, but there’s still lots more to see and talk about. This year’s show was a general success and while several companies were launching new products in different market segments, the talk of the town was Core 2 Duo (Conroe) and AMD’s expected response. AMD’s first response in the short term very well could be the purchase of ATI; whether this truly makes business sense for either party is up for debate considering ATI’s close relationship with Intel and AMD’s long term partnership with NVIDIA, but privately representatives from both Intel and NVIDIA told us they were already discussing the potential effects of this merger internally.”
Here are some more Shows and Expos articles from around the web:
- Computex 2006: Multimedia and Memory @ AnandTech
- Computex 2006: Day 4 @ NGOHQ
- AMD Tech Tour 2006: Seattle In-Depth @ Virtual-Hideout
- Computex 2006 – Intel 965 Express Chipset Family Launch @ The TechZone
- HEXUS @ Computex 2006
- Motherboards.org @ Computex Taipei 2006: Day 2
- Computex 2006: Day 3 @ NGOHQ
- Computex Taipei 2006 – Part 7 @ HardwareZone
- Computex Taipei 2006 – Part 8 @ HardwareZone
- Computex 2006: ECS @ techPowerUp!
AnandTech was very impressed by ABIT and BioStar’s motherboard offerings at Computex, and the thermal management tools and more offered by Thermaltake. Drop by to see what caught their eye.