“To truly understand the power of Serial ATA, we must first understand its predecessor, Parallel ATA. Parallel ATA (PATA) has been the standard for quite some time now, but has many problems. First, IDE cables, as you have surely noticed, are large and very hard to arrange in cases.”
Here are some more Storage reviews from around the web:
- OCZ Mini-Kart USB Flash Drive Review @ XYZ Computing
- Western Digital Caviar SE16 500GB: Big Low-Noise Champ? @ SPCR
- Thermaltake Muse eSATA Review on Technic3D
- Thermaltake Muse LanDisk @ techPowerUp!
- IcyDock MB453SPF-B SATA Multi-Bay Backplane Module Review @ PCSTATS.com
- OCZ 1GB Mini-Kart USB Thumb Drive @ Techgage
Source: PC Mechanic
Drop by PC Mechanic to get an overview of the Serial ATA interface. Everything from how it differs from it’s predecessor, PATA, and why case modders are so in love with it.