“COMPUTEX IS A SPECTACLE like no other. An ocean away, in a land where most motherboards and graphics cards are born, it’s almost like being dropped into the belly of the beast. The show has a different vibe than most North American trade shows, too. While the Consumer Electronics Show, Intel Developer Forum, and E3 cater to the press, Computex is mostly an event for buyers. People go to do business, and while the media’s there too, we’re mostly just along for the ride.
But what a ride. After recovering from four jam-packed days of meetings, snooping, and booth browsing, we’ve collected our thoughts in a massive Computex report. Read on to see what Abit, Asus, Albatron, ATI, BFG Tech, Biostar, Corsair, DFI, ECS, Foxconn, Gigabyte, MSI, PowerColor, Shuttle, SiS, Thermaltake, Tyan, VIA, and Zalman had at the show.”
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Computex 2006 – The Best & Worst @ The TechZone
- PayPal Security Flaw Allows Identity Theft @ Slashdot
- Bill Gates Announces Retirement @ ExtremeTech
- How to Install Your RAM, GPU, and Wire Your Motherboard @ ExtremeTech
- Windows Vista: Beta 2 Preview @ AnandTech
- AMD to postpone launch of Socket-F Opteron to August, say sources @ DigiTimes
- World Series of Unprofessionalism @ ThinkComputers.org
- Nintendo DS Lite @ GideonTech.com
- Casion Exilim EX-Z60 Camera @ Digital Trends
- ColdHeat Freestyle Glue Gun Review @ The Moditory
- Motorola V3im @ 3DVelocity
Source: The Tech Report
It took almost a full week for The Tech Report to recover from their sensory overload at Computex. As part of their therapy to re-adjust them to this limited world of post-release technologies, they were told to share their experiences with the world. A warning, you will be jealous by the time you finish reading their article.