“AN ANONYMOUS games developer claimed that ATI, Nvidia on GPU physics is not even close to what you can get with Ageia’s Physics card.
He tried to implement the physics and said that to his horror he learned that ATI and Nvidia “cosmetically” affects the physics. The developer added that only Ageia can handle game play physics. The same level of physics quality cannot be achieved using GPU physics, and even high end cards such as X1900 XT or 7900 GT cannot handle it.”
Here are some more Graphics Card articles from around the web:
- Palit GeForce 7900GT “Sonic” 512MB in SLI @ Tweaktown
- Revisiting SLI @ Tech-Hounds
- XFX G-Force 7600GT XXX PCI-E @ OCC
- Gainward Bliss 7300GT PCX @ Hardware Zone
- Gainward Bliss 7900 GT 512 MB Review @ Technic3D
- BFG Geforce 6600 GT OC @ Ultimate Hardware
- ASUS EN7600GT Silent Review @ GDHardware
- ATI on the possibilities of DirectX 10 @ Elite Bastards
- Diamond Viper X1900XT @ techPowerUp
- Powercolor X1800GTO Review: Cable-less Crossfire Explored @ Neoseeker
Source: The Inquirer
An anonymous discussion has lead The Inquirer to report that ATI and nVIDIA’s phsics engine, designed to run directly on thier cards is nowhere close to the technology Ageia uses in their dedicated PPU. Mind you, we are still waiting for DX10, which may change that.