“We recently looked at the ABS Ultimate X9 computer system and found it to be a fast but expensive system, as well as having some niggling stability issues related to the GPU water cooling. Other than the stability concerns, there was one major problem with the system for most of our readers: it’s too expensive. If $4000 or more is way out of your league for computer prices, today’s review will hopefully return to the realm of the possible.”
Here are some more Systems articles from around the web:
- Ars System Guide: August 2006 edition @ Ars Techica
- Tyan Transport GT20 (B2865) @ PenStar Systems
- Sun’s Niagara 2 doubles down with twice the threads @ CNET
- Budget System Building Guide Summer 2006 @ Madshrimps
- Apple’s Mac Pro – A True PowerMac Successor @ AnandTech
AnandTech reviews the PC Club Enpower Sabre Extreme, a Core 2 Duo system with 1Gb of RAM, a 19′ LCD, a 250Gb hard drive, a 7900 GT and more. At $1,400 it won’t empty your wallet as badly as some other new systems will, so take a look to see if it’s what you want.