“A few months ago there were a few suspicions towards a graphic chips manufacturer regarding a possible use of viral marketing by using shills to provide positive feedback to its products on many forums. Recently, we received evidence that may link AMD, a processor manufacturer, to a possible use of viral marketing/shills on hardware site’s forums by a third party company.”
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Microsoft and their Gifts That Click in 2006 @ Futurelooks
- Torpark is out, offering “anonymous, portable web browsing” @ BoingBoing
- Open PVR from Neuros: cash money to owners who hack it @ BoingBoing
- Sumo Omni Bean Bag Chair @ Techgage
- Older than dirt @ Dan’s Data
- AutoPatcher @ PC Mechanic
I call shenanigans!
AMD seems to have hired a marketing company called Design Reactor, who specialize in viral marketing and joining tech forums to spam them with messages. This time they were advertising AMD’s Virtual Tradeshow, and you might have even seen them on our forums. Drop by NGOHQ for more info.