“Are we assisting to the birth of the real battle for the next generation of movies for our home theaters? With the announcement by Apple of the availability of movies on their itune library and the release this fall of the Zune from Microsoft, we have the right to believe so. Other big players, like Amazon, are already going after the movie downloading market which seems to be a very strong social trend. Blu-ray and HD DVD is not a social trend. It is something built from scratch by audio-video manufacturers. Those formats are also for big technology fans with a lot of money in their pockets.
Here are the top 5 reasons why we think movie downloading from the ipod and eventually from the Zune could be the big winner in this battle:”
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Turtle Beach Earforce X2 Headphones Review @ Boost Mobile Gaming
- Democracy Player: A Superior Multimedia Alternative to iTunes on Linux @ OSWeekly
- Sony DR-BT30Q Headset Look Hot @ DailyCE
- LG FM20 “Cutesy” MP3 Player @ DailyCE
- Dolby and DTS Are Fruitful and Multiply @ Digital Trends
- SteelSound 5Hv2 Professional Gaming Headset @ ThinkComputers
- Razer Pro|Tones m100 & m250 Headphones @ ExtremeMHz
- The 24 hour iPod Battery: Fact or Fiction? @ The TechZone
- Oregon Scientific Music Element Video Tour @ Digital Trends
Source: The Tech Zone
The Tech Zone puts forward some thoughts on the death of DVD movies, in all three flavours. They cover several points, including the fact that it can be easier and quicker to download from iTunes than to wait for a rental store to have the movie in stock or wait for a mail delivery.