“Something Awful forum user ‘Tuxedo Jack’ tells his tragic tale, and of how a friend enthusiastically playing Wii sports managed to impale a 60-inch rear-projection TV.
So, why weren’t the gamers wearing Ninty’s trusty wrist strap, designed to prevent such incidents from happening in the first place? Well, it turns out they were wearing the wrist strap, until it decided to snap mid-bowling and send the Wiimote hurtling towards the pricey kit. ”
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- PS3 HDD Replacement Video Tutorial @ Gamehelper
- Playstation 3 vs. XBOX 360 – A Game Developer’s Perspective @ hardCOREware
- Icemat Siberia In:Ear Contest @ LAN Addict
- Waiting in Line for a Nintendo Wii @ OCModShop
- How Apple Can Learn from Microsoft’s Failures @ Digital Trends
- Preview of Bluetooth @ CES 2007
- More Tales from the PS3 line trenches @ OCModShop
- Gitex 2006 coverage @ HEXUS
- Sumo Omni & Otto Bean Bag Chairs @ ThinkComputers
Better get a backup wrist strap
Source: The Inquirer
The Wii’s controller has killed for the first time, in this case a 60″ TV. If you are playing an active Wii game, you should keep that in mind, before it kills again.