“WELL PLACED sources have informed Apcmag that the release dates for Vista have been set in place.
Tuesday November 30th should see the release of Vista to corporate customers, and standard retail customers purchasing from stores or OEMs should be able to get their copy of the new Microsoft operating system from Tuesday January 30th 2007.
It’s planned that Office 2007 will be released in parallel on the same days respectively, ensuring a bumper Christmas for Microsoft’s bottom line.”
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- BlueAnt Supertooth II Bluetooth Speakphone @ Blue Tomorrow
- Icemat Siberia In:Ear Headset Giveaway!! – 2 Weeks Left! @ ThinkComputers
- The Real Smashing Pumpkins: Punkin’ Chunkin’ in the USA @ Futurelooks
- LG Chocolate Goes Platinum @ DailyCE
- Apple Has Worms @ PC Mechanic
- Building Your Dreams on the Net @ PC Mechanic
- QNext @ PC Mechanic
- Mind Your Passwords! @ PC Mechanic
- Hide the Cows! Vizo’s “UFO” 4-port USB Hub @ OCModShop
- Attack code out for new Apple Wi-Fi flaw @ CNET
- SMC WSKP100 Skype Phone @ Hardware Zone
- Giveaway/Contest 33: Three Cooler Master NotePal P1 Notebook Coolers @ 3dGameMan
Vista’s release is just over the horizon
Source: The Inquirer
The Inquirer believes they have tracked down someone who knows when Vista will be released. The RTM (Release To Manufacturer) should be out mid-month, giving Dell, HP and others the chance to get Vista installed on pre-built systems. It does seem like a tight time-line to get those PCs in stores for Christmas.