“While VIA hasn’t been able to take the performance crown from the chipset giant nVidia, it doesn’t mean they have stopped their production of chipsets. It has been some time since anything VIA has hit out shores here at TweakTown and today we are going to give the first board we have here based on the K8T890 chipset a real going over.
Today we test Foxconn’s K8T890M2AA-KRS2H and compare it against the nForce 570 chipset to see just what this chipset does have on offer. Is VIA back in business? We’ll find out shortly!”
Here are some more Motherboard articles from around the web:
- ECS PN2 SLI2+ (NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI) @ Hardware Zone
- ASRock ALiveNF6G-DVI mATX Motherboard Review @ Legit Reviews
- Foxconn G9657MA-8KS2H @ Overclockers Online
- ASRock Conroe 945G-DVI Motherboard Review @ Virtual-Hideout
- Gigabyte GA-M59SLI-S5 Mainboard Review @ Technic3D
- Tyan Tempest i5000XT S2696 @ Phoronix
- Contemporary Platforms with Integrated Graphics @ X-bit Labs
- DFI Infinity 975X/G @ Techgage
- Foxconn WinFast MCP61SM2MA-ERS2H Mainboard Review @ Technic3D
Can VIA get back in the game
With the introduction of nForce2, VIA has an immense hurdle to overcome to position itself as attractive to gamers. The Foxconn motherboard that TweakTown recently reviewed implies that they may be thinking in a different direction. The board is as stable as it is inexpensive, and with an AM2 Sempron, you almost have most of a system built without breaking the $100 mark.