The new GameXstream 700W is one of the best power supplies OCZ has brought to market. The DC outputs were stable and the +12V rails were particularly strong. The overall efficiency was very good and the 120mm cooling fan did a good job of keeping all the internal bits cool all the way up to 700W output. For the majority of power users and/or gamers who realistically only need 300~400 watt output, the OCZ GameXstream 700W will be more than adequate. In addition to the sleeved cables, the blue LED fan adds a very cool lighting effect.
As is the case with most all higher output power supplies, the GameXstream becomes a little noisy (both fan noise and AC ripple noise on the +12V outputs) when operating near maximum load.
The OCZ GameXstream 700W power supply is currently available from Newegg.com for $144.99 USD ($119.99 after MIR!).
- Up to 700 watts DC output
- Solid, stable voltages (especially the +12V outputs)
- Excellent build quality and high efficiency
- Quiet operation, at lower power levels
- Active PFC and Universal AC input
- Quad +12V outputs up to 56A
- Dual PCI-e 6-pin connectors (nVidia SLI Ready)
- Blue LED fan produces very good lighting effect
- Black mesh sleeved cables
- Backed by a 3-year warranty
- A little noisy (fan and AC ripple on +12V) at higher output power levels
- No modular cables
For excellent performance, quality and cool blue lighting effects, the OCZ GameXstream 700W power supply earns the PCPerspective Gold Award.
OCZ GameXstream 700W PSU
I would like to thank our friends at OCZ for sending us the GameXstream PSU to review — thanks! Be sure to use our price checking engine to find the best price on the OCZ GameXstream PSU or anything else you may want to buy!
And if you have any questions or comments about the article, or would like to see what others have to say about the GameXstream 700W PSU, just click into this thread in our forums to join in the discussion!