Hi there. Let me take a minute to introduce myself. I’m Uncle Bob, a Mod here at PC Perspective. We will be running a series of articles within the forum that will be called Mod Interviews. I ask revealing, embarrassing, stupid, probing questions of Mods and hopefully you get to laugh with us at ourselves and in the process get to know some of us better. Beware, not all the Mods are as forthcoming as you may like, I do my best to uncover the truth, but haven’t always hit the mark!
Now, without further delay, here is the third in a series, an interview with noorman.
1. I realize many of the mods here are in a witness protection program of some sort, but can you give us your real name?
2. Why did you join PCPer/AMDMB?
Looking for advice/solutions initially.
3. Which forums do you mod?
4. Why do you keep coming back?
Nowhere else to go
5. What was your first experience with a computer?
Buying and using my Apple (~1982)
6. Do you prefer to be called a “geek” or a “nerd”?
7. What exactly do you do here at PC Perspective?
Modding, Ranting, Splashing in the Pond, being part of a Family.
8. What do you like most about your ‘job’? I realize it’s actually a rudimentary form of slavery or servitude, but you are still hereâ€¦can you explain this to our readers?
I ‘ve become addicted.
9. OK, we all know this is comingâ€¦What do you like least about your job?
The hours and some negativeness …
10. How long have you been active in PC Perspective?
Since before it existed (around 1999-2000)
11. Where are most active here? What is it you suppose that draws you to that particular area?
The Pond – Folding@Home mania.
12. What interests do you have outside of PC Perspective. Don’t be shy, if you don’t have a life outside of here, many readers would like to know!
Grandson, Folding, Computers, Folding, Family, Friends, you guys, Folding, Electronics, Folding …
13. OK, it’s hardware time! Let’s start with your most, or current favorite piece of hardware. Tell us about it.
My trusted A64X2 3800+ OC’ed to 4800+ and rock-stable for nearly 2 years now … / no money for anything new.
14. Software? Hey, if you are a closet Linux user, now’s the time to come out. (If you are a closet Microsoft user, don’t be afraid, we can keep a secret!)
This Linux 64-bit Xubuntu (have to install Ubuntu/ will await final release of Feisty Fawn 7.x in April)
15. OK, let’s get real personal. Witness Protection Program be damnedâ€¦Can you tell us something about yourself you’d like us to know?
I ‘m becoming an Ol’ Fart…
16. What can you tell us about your job? Hey, if you do something illegal, now’s a good enough time as any to make a clean start!
Don’t have one at the moment.
17. Where do you live? (Be fearless, your secret is safe with us..)
To the south of the World Port of Antwerp where many an American soldier disembarked for Reforger exercises. I ‘ve done a stretch of ‘Liaison’ in an ex-British camp where the troops assembled before going through to Germany … (sometime in the 80-ies)
18. What can you tell us about your family??
It ‘s not big and even smaller through disputes.
19. Here’s a delicate oneâ€¦How old are you and where did you grow up?
I ‘m 52 and I grew up in the centre of Antwerp, not far from the house of Pieter Paul Rubens, the world renowned painter/artist.
20. Well, we are getting to the end of it, it’ll all be over soon, I promise. What would like to say to our forum members, go ahead anything. Get it off your chest. We have all day hereâ€¦.
I ‘ve always liked this place and I prove that by coming back nearly every day since 1999-2000.
I like the multi-nationality in these forums.
Go on !