Hi folks. Yup….I missed Sunday. I was out of town all day. I’m here at work now, actually on special assignment for 6 weeks on day shift, Monday thru Thursday. Been so long since I worked those hours I dunno how to act!
Hi there. Let me take a minute to introduce myself. I’m Uncle Bob, a Mod here at PC Perspective. We will be running a series of articles within the forum that will be called Mod Interviews. I ask revealing, embarrassing, stupid, probing questions of Mods and hopefully you get to laugh with us at ourselves and in the process get to know some of us better. Beware, not all the Mods are as forthcoming as you may like, I do my best to uncover the truth, but haven’t always hit the mark!
Here we have a fellow old fart and a personal friend of mine. Brad has tried (to the best of his recollection) to be honest and forthright….(insert trumpets, 21 gun salute and tickertape parade). I am pleased he agreed, it could only be that he was feeling pity on another old fart, i suppose…. I give you number 9 in the series: BWM
1. I realize many of the mods here are in a witness protection program of some sort, but can you give us your real name?
2. Why did you join PCPer/AMDMB?
I came here first in late 2001 looking for info on MSI motherboards. I liked what I saw and haven’t visited any other forums since. This is my home in the PC market/industry.
3. Which forums do you mod?
Storage, MSI, Folding, and Trading.
4. Why do you keep coming back?
Everything I need to know about the consumer PC industry and market is right here. No need to go anywhere else except to the websites of component manufacturers for official information. The credibility of other sources has disappointed me greatly.
5. What was your first experience with a computer?
Back in the D/ARPANET days. Can’t go into further detail.
6. Do you prefer to be called a “geek” or a “nerd”?
I like old fart better but geek will do in a pinch.
7. What exactly do you do here at PC Perspective?
Try to help people as best I can, recruit members for the Folding program.
8. What do you like most about your ‘job’? I realize it’s actually a rudimentary form of slavery or servitude, but you are still hereâ€¦can you explain this to our readers?
It’s all about the people, members and fellow mods, helping people fix problems, making PCPer better, and bust’n spammers .
9. OK, we all know this is comingâ€¦ What do you like least about your job?
Having to deal with unruly members from time to time. Thankfully I haven’t had to infract one yet. That’s not my idea of fun, but it is a responsibility.
10. How long have you been active in PC Perspective?
Since joining in December of 2001.
11. Where are you most active here? What is it you suppose that draws you to that particular area?
The folding forum. Its special for me because many of us have or have had real life experiences that bind us together in and for the cause. I also like the hot babes bar
12. What interests do you have outside of PC Perspective. Don’t be shy, if you don’t have a life outside of here, many readers would like to know!
My sons and their families, electronics engineering, metrology, folding, shooting, hand loading ammunition.
13. OK, it’s hardware time! Let’s start with your most, or current favorite piece of hardware. Tell us about it.
Has to be my folding farm consisting of four rigs with dual-core processors that fold 24/7 come hell or high water.
14. Software? Hey, if you are a closet Linux user, now’s the time to come out. (If you are a closet Microsoft user, don’t be afraid, we can keep a secret!)
I hate M$ junk with a passion but I run win-xp in order to try and be more helpfull here at PCPer.
15. OK, let’s get real personal. Witness Protection Program be damnedâ€¦ Can you tell us something about yourself you’d like us to know?
I’m a hell-raising old fart and dirty old man.
16. What can you tell us about your job? Hey, if you do something illegal, now’s a good enough time as any to make a clean start!
I’m retired. Served 10 years in the USAF as an Avionics Technician, much of it in Vietnam and Thailand. Graduated from college as an EE, spent the rest of my working life as an electronics engineer in aircraft flight test instrumentation, telemetry, and metrology. I maintain several FCC, FAA, and NBS/NIST certifications and membership in three standards setting bodies.
17. Where do you live? (Be fearless, your secret is safe with us..)
The South Bay area of San Diego California.
18. What can you tell us about your family??
I’m a widower with two sons, both are in the US Navy.
19. Here’s a delicate oneâ€¦ How old are you and where did you grow up?
I’m 58, born and raised in San Diego California.
20. Well, we are getting to the end of it, it’ll all be over soon, I promise. What would like to say to our forum members, go ahead anything. Get it off your chest. We have all day here…..
Join us in making PCPer a better place, more vibrant, more alive, more helpful, more enticing, and more welcoming to new members. And if you’re not folding, then get yer arse in gear!!