“Today we are taking a look at the world’s fastest DDR-2 production memory and it’s from Corsair. Rated at PC2-10000, it’s able to run at 625MHz using a total of 2.4 volts and possibly even more if you are lucky enough. Can it truly dominate the competition, though?
Let’s have a look and see what a 2GB dual channel memory kit worth about $750 USD or $1000 AUD down under actually provides.”
Here are some more Memory articles from around the web:
- Mushkin XP2-8500 2GB DDR2 RAM Kit @ PCApex
- Memory Overclocking Guide @ PC Apex
- OCZ DDR2 PC2-9200 FlexXLC Edition @ Techspot
- Buffalo Technology FireStix PC2-8000 2GB DDR2 RAM Kit @ PCApex
- Buffalo FireStix PC2-8000 5-5-5 @ Overclockers Online
The TweakTown reviews the fastest RAM on the market, Corsairs’ XMS Dominator PC2-10000. Rated at 5-5-5-18 at 625MHz (2.4V), TweakTown could only manage to push them to 627.5MHz at the same timings, or tightened up to 4-3-3-15 at 400Mhz, without changing voltages. The DIMMs also come with active aircooling to keep them going. This are the fastest RAM available at stock speeds, but a question arises, the OCZ FlexXLC comes with watercooling, and runs at close to the same speed, at $100 less.