As a special surprise I bring you an interview with one of the oldest members of PCPerspective, Christop54!
1. I realize many of the mods here are in a witness protection program of some sort, but can you give us your real name?
2. Why did you join PCPer/AMDMB?
To be honest, I forget what the exact reason was. I’m sure I had some issues/questions about the mobo I was using at the time (an ASUS K7M), or questions about computers in general.
I did a search on K7M, and since the site was called K7M at the time, it popped up in the search results.
3. Which forums do you frequent?
Tech Talk, Networking and Associated Security, Linux, MS Windows, Gaming, Off Topic, The Lightning Round, BOINC, and Folding.
4. Why do you keep coming back?
The simplest reason is that I’m an addict; there’s really no other way to put it. I do, on occasion, have a question or issue. But other than that, I just can’t help myself.
5. What was your first experience with a computer?
That would be a Commodore 64 back in Junior High. The school had some sort of club whose purpose was to play computer games.
6. Do you prefer to be called a “geek” or a “nerd”?
7. What exactly do you do here at PC Perspective?
Beside lurking and the occasional post, not much of anything.
8. OK, we all know this is comingâ€¦What do you like least about your experiences here?
Not being able to tell a person, or persons, something. To me it can be hard to get across in words what I want to. If I had a nickle for every time I chose not to post something because of this yada yada yada. I prefer to deal with people in person.
9. How long have you been active in PC Perspective?
I don’t know about active…but I’ve been a member for close to 7 years (Since the site was called K7M.com).
10. Where are most active here? What is it you suppose that draws you to that particular area?
I’d have to say the Linux forum, but when you average 1.73 posts a day it’s hard to keep track. I participate the most in the Linux forum to get help and have questions answered. That and gain any knowledge I can; there’s a lot to know about Linux.
11. What interests do you have outside of PC Perspective. Don’t be shy, if you don’t have a life outside of here, many readers would like to know!
You mean there’s something outside…of PC Perspective? I’ll have to check that out. Thanks for the info!
12. OK, it’s hardware time! Let’s start with your most, or current favorite piece of hardware. Tell us about it.
Hmmm that’s a hard one. I just bought a 500GB external HD, which to me is great. I finally backed up all of my ‘important’ stuff.
13. Software? Hey, if you are a closet Linux user, now’s the time to come out. (If you are a closet Microsoft user, don’t be afraid, we can keep a secret!)
I’ve been using Linux as my primary OS for close to two years. If it wasn’t for games/iTunes, I’d make the switch to Linux and dump Windows altogether.
14. OK, let’s get real personal. Witness Protection Program be damnedâ€¦Can you tell us something about yourself you’d like us to know?
Besides what I’ve already said, I can’t think of anything.
15. What can you tell us about your job? Hey, if you do something illegal, now’s a good enough time as any to make a clean start!
I’ve been in the U.S. Air Force for over 15 years. (It’ll be 16 in May.) Generally speaking I work with, on, and manage radios (electronics) and associated equipment. In my current position I manage all hand-held, vehicular, and desktop radios on my base. I also manage all frequencies used on the base. To be honest I’d love to get out; I’m tired of all the B.S. But since I don’t have a degree and I’m so close to retirement, I’m planning on staying in until I reach 20 years of service.
16. Where do you live? (Be fearless, your secret is safe with us..)
Belleville Illinois (It’s near St Louis.)
17. What can you tell us about your family??
I’m single with no kids.
18. Here’s a delicate oneâ€¦How old are you and where did you grow up?
I’m 36 and grew up near Las Vegas.
19. Well, we are getting to the end of it, it’ll all be over soon, I promise. What would like to say to our forum members, go ahead anything. Get it off your chest. We have all day hereâ€¦.
Thanks for your time…..GO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!