“That probably sounds a little melodramatic, but consider this. The iDomes were designed from the ground up with digital input in mind, and Abit has taken great care to ensure that they deliver every bit of the pristine quality of a digital bitstream to your ears. That bitstreamâ€”digital audio in its purest formâ€”can be provided by fancy sound cards and “free” integrated motherboard audio alike, setting up the iDomes to challenge not only other speakers on the market, but the very need for a discrete sound card as well.
And so the stage is set. Can the iDomes, when paired with integrated motherboard audio, challenge the output quality of the best PC sound card on the market? Read on to find out.”
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Altec Lansing FX4021 2.1 Speakers @ TheTechLounge
- Sirius and XM @ eCoustics
- ExtremA, a reference class-A DIY amplifier @ Hardware Analysis
- CyberHome 6-Speaker Surround Sound Headphone System Review @ Bigbruin
- Razer Barracuda AC-1 Gaming Sound Card @ PC Apex
- Evesham iplayer – Freeview PVR, network media player & more @ HEXUS
- Alienware HUB 2.1 Speakers @ 3dGameMan
Source: The Tech Report
Digital Audio has had a rough start. Not many care what it is, or what it means and many speakers make bizarre claims about what signal they receive and how it is processed. The Tech Report looks at Abits’ iDome speakers, a set that includes 2 dual channel desktop speakers and a subwoofer. These are true digital speakers, nothing in the chain is analog until the actual broadcasting of sound from the cones. Read on to get a better idea of what is meant by Digital audio and a look at some impressive speakers.