“Veterans of Remedy Entertainment, aka The Folks Who Made Max Payne, have created a new development studio called Recoil Games. Ok, so they’re better at game design than names, apparently. What’s potential very intriguing, though, is the new company’s focus on “Cinegames,” games with the scope, feel, and cast of an epic disaster movie.”
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Command and Conquer 3: Kane Edition (PC) @ Gaming Heaven
- Sid Meier’s Pirates! @ Strategy Informer
- Making History: The Calm & The Storm @ Strategy Informer
- Wii Monster 4×4: World Circuit Game Review @ Rbconsoles
- Virtua Fighter 5 @ Strategy Informer
- Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07 – Wii @ HEXUS
- Xbox 360 Elite fully loaded @ HEXUS
- Wii’s virtual console packs a punch this week @ HEXUS
Cinegames must mean they are longer, right?
Source: Wired News
Several of the game designers from Remedy have left to start their own game development studio, named Recoil. They will be announcing an original game sometime this year, and it will be a cinegame, essentially trying to capture the feel of a movie in a game. With Max Payne already under their belts, it seems likely that they will produce some interesting and original games. Read on at Wired.