Well, I spent the weekend in bed taking meds for a sinus infection and dreading going to work today, but I made it. I am getting ‘better’, but to some folk, that’s debateable!
OK, by now you know the drill:
Hi there. Let me take a minute to introduce myself. I’m Uncle Bob, a Mod here at PC Perspective. We will be running a series of articles within the forum that will be called Mod Interviews. I ask revealing, embarrassing, stupid, probing questions of Mods and hopefully you get to laugh with us at ourselves and in the process get to know some of us better. Beware, not all the Mods are as forthcoming as you may like, I do my best to uncover the truth, but haven’t always hit the mark!
Here ya go, number 11 in the series: Afterburner!
1. I realize many of the mods here are in a witness protection program of some sort, but can you give us your real name?
2. Why did you join PCPer/AMDMB?
That’s kind of a story. I had a Dell at the time and got real mad when I cracked the case to install a video card. Zero upgrades there. I decided to build my own rig and came to amdmb.com for advice. I started out with an Athlon 850 mhz and have been building AMD systems ever since.
3. Which forums do you frequent?
Linux, Trading Post, Off Topic, Hot Deals, and Folding.
4. Why do you keep coming back?
I have one serious Folding addiction. The Folding Frogs are an exceptional bunch of guys. I’m very proud to serve them. Plus, this is a great community, as a whole.
5. What was your first experience with a computer?
Commodore 64. I remember wasting an EXTREME amount of time playing a game called Telengard.
6. Do you prefer to be called a “geek” or a “nerd”?
I think… geek.
7. What exactly do you do here at PC Perspective?
I moderate in the Folding, Trading, and Hot Deals forums. Plus, I fold my butt off for the Folding Frogs!
8. OK, we all know this is comingâ€¦What do you like least about your experiences here?
Hmmm….that’s a tough one. My forums aren’t too stressful….
9. How long have you been active in PC Perspective?
I joined in Nov ’02 and wasn’t active until April ’04. I had more questions and came back then. I joined the folding team in May ’04 and quickly became addicted. I became a staff member about a year after that.
10. Where are most active here? What is it you suppose that draws you to that particular area?
Folding is my #1 neighborhood. But, I spend a lot of time with my duties and in linux.
11. What interests do you have outside of PC Perspective. Don’t be shy, if you don’t have a life outside of here, many readers would like to know!
I don’t have too many interests outside pcper. I have too many kids! Is 6 kids too many??
12. OK, it’s hardware time! Let’s start with your most, or current favorite piece of hardware. Tell us about it.
I’d have to say my 3 3800 x2’s are my fav’s. All folding, of course!
13. Software? Hey, if you are a closet Linux user, now’s the time to come out. (If you are a closet Microsoft user, don’t be afraid, we can keep a secret!)
I just switched over my main rig to Kubuntu 6.0.6 and I love it! I just need to study up on it. I guess I’m a serious linux noob!
14. OK, let’s get real personal. Witness Protection Program be damnedâ€¦Can you tell us something about yourself you’d like us to know?
I haven’t done anything illegal, if that’s what you’re wondering….
15. What can you tell us about your job? Hey, if you do something illegal, now’s a good enough time as any to make a clean start!
I deliver food product to restaurants. Yep! I’m a dirty truck driver!
16. Where do you live? (Be fearless, your secret is safe with us..)
Clarkston, Michigan. Northwest of Detroit.
17. What can you tell us about your family??
Are you sure you’re ready for this??
Twice divorced with 4 kids. Ages 16, 14, 6, and almost 3. My girlfriend has 2 kids. Ages 9, and almost 2. Yes, I’m hanging out with 6 kids and loving it. Although, I need to invest in a suburban. I need the seating capacity!
18. Here’s a delicate oneâ€¦How old are you and where did you grow up?
I’m 37. I’m known as a GM brat. My father got transfered a lot and we moved frequently.
19. Well, we are getting to the end of it, it’ll all be over soon, I promise. What would like to say to our forum members, go ahead anything. Get it off your chest. We have all day hereâ€¦.
Not much else to tell except……..