“ONE OF THE FIRST titles to hit the shelves with DirectX 10 support could be one that you might not have heard of – FPS Creator.
The software allows amateurs to put together pretty slick-looking first-person shooter games, through the use of simple level editors, along with pre-made models and weapons. You can change themes and created some varied game types. The software is a great first step towards getting dirty with some more hardcore modding and coding.”
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Ten Must-Have Gadgets for Windows Vista Sidebar @ ExtremeTech
- Fortran pioneer drops off the mortal coil @ The Inquirer
- End of the road for Firefox 1.5 next month, 2.0 gets updates @ Ars Technica
- OC Bible 1.51 and Guidemania 1.2 @ AOA Forums
- HEXUS.tv – interviews :: What’s cool at Cooler Master
- HEXUS.tv – interviews :: Alice Chang – CEO of CyberLink
- A Call To Action On The ATI Linux Drivers @ Phoronix
- Genius Navigator 380 @ Hardware Zone
Source: The Inquirer
FPS Creator is an editor that allows you to make your own FPS games, in DX10. The Inquirer gives you an overview of what The Game Creators have added in this beta DX10 upgrade. It is likely to favour nVidia cards, as it has been that graphics company working with them, but not ATI/AMD.