Features and Specifications
The new HR-03 Plus is designed specifically for 8800 video cards and uses 6 heat pipes and a larger base plate to efficiently cool NVIDIA’s massive GPU.
Thermalright designed the HR-03 specifically for NVIDIA 8800 video cards. An overclocked 8800 GTX can consume in excess of 300 watts of electrical power when fully loaded and the majority of that heat is released by the GPU. To handle the added heat load, the new HR-03 Plus uses a total of six heat pipes to cool the massive 8800 GPU (the original HR-03 used four heat pipes). When first released, the HR-03 Plus only supported the 8800 GTX cards but Thermalright now has a re-designed HSI heatsink, which allows the HR-03 Plus to work with GTS cards as well.
The Thermalright HR-03 Plus heatsink is designed to be used with a 92mm fan of your choice. In some cases, it can be used in a pseudo-passive mode, as long as sufficient airflow is generated by one or more properly positioned case fans.
HR-03 Plus Features and Specifications:
- Specifically designed for use with NVIDIA 8800 series video cards
- Incorporates 6 heat pipes for maximum heat transfer
- Proprietary fin design for efficient ventilation
- Two ways of mounting cooler for best space utilization
- Light weight and easy to install
- Supports SLI configurations
- Dimensions: 133 x 156 x 38mm (L x W x H)
- Weight: 410g (heatsink only)
The HR-03 Plus comes in a traditional Thermalright cardboard box, along with printed instructions, numerous component heatsinks, and mounting hardware. Users must supply a 92mm fan of their choice.
- Thermalright HR-03 Plus heatsink
- NVIDIA 8800 mounting hardware
- V-RAM aluminum heatsinks (4) low profile and (8) full height
- VRM (4) and HIS (1) heatsinks
- Fan mounting wires (2)
- Tube of Thermalright thermal compound
- Thermalright label
- Printed Installation sheet