Worry no more, Dell’s XPS M1710 comes with a C2D T7600G, a multiplier unlocked CPU that will let you overclock. ExtremeTech has the full review.
“Until recently, if you wanted to overclock your laptop, you needed one with a desktop CPU. Those were pretty common in the Pentium 4 days, but we’ve seen fewer of them since the advent of the mobile Core 2 Duo CPUs, originally code-named Merom. A few OEMs expose settings in their BIOS setups that allow you to tweak FSB speeds, but those are pretty rare, and the clock multiplier has remained locked.
Then Dell began shipping their high-end XPS M1710 mobile PC with something they call the “Core 2 Duo T7600G.” The “G” is significant, because if you order one, you get a notebook with a multiplier unlocked CPU and the ability to overclock the XPS M1710 in the BIOS setup.”
Here are some more Mobile articles from around the web:
- Palm Tungsten T3 (with wireless card) @ Project PDA
- BlackBerry 8800 Review @ XYZ Computing
- Motorola RIZR Z8 @ CoolTechZone
- Thermaltake iXoft Notebook Cooler @ CPU3D
- Cooler Master NotePal S Notebook Base @ Legion Hardware
- HP Compaq 6515b Notebook PC @ Hardware Zone
- Shuttle XPC X200 @ Hardware Zone