“If your expensive graphics card ever pops a capacitor after its warranty expires, is that the end of the road? Fear not! All is not lost.
Let Empire23 show you just how you can turn your dead card into a fully-working graphics card. All you need are a few cheap tools and some chutzpah.”
Here are some more Graphics Card articles from around the web:
- How to Overclock the NVIDIA GeForce 8800 Series @ Benchmark Reviews
- XFX 8600 GT XXX @ Neoseeker
- XFX GeForce 8800 GTS 320MB XXX Edition Video Card Review @ Benchmark Reviews
- EVGA SC And XFX XXX 8600GT SLI @ Gamepyre
- Gigabyte and XFX — GeForce 8600GT graphics cards go head-to-head @ TweakTown
- GeForce 8 Streams to the Mainstream: Asus GeForce 8600 GTS @ X-bit Labs
- PowerColor X1950 PRO SCS3 @ Bjorn3D
- ATI Catalyst 7.4 with Control Panel @ NGOHQ
- Internal Bridge Crossfire with Radeon X1950 Pro @ Tech-Hounds
- AMD 8.36.5 Display Driver @ Phoronix
Source: Tech ARP
This Tech ARP article may not work in every single case, but for busted capacitors and other minor damage, the Graphics Card Repair Guide will get your card up and running again. Just some solder, a bit of time and a steady hand are all that you need.