Man, it’s Wednesday and a week has already passed, man time flies. It’s getting harder and harder to get living, breathing interviewees! But, we are really in luck today. This fella is a true gem, a personal friend and one of the nefarious Uncle B’s as well.
OK, by now you know the drill:
Hi there. Let me take a minute to introduce myself. I’m Uncle Bob, a Mod here at PC Perspective. We will be running a series of articles within the forum that will be called Mod Interviews. I ask revealing, embarrassing, stupid, probing questions of Mods and hopefully you get to laugh with us at ourselves and in the process get to know some of us better. Beware, not all the Mods are as forthcoming as you may like, I do my best to uncover the truth, but haven’t always hit the mark!
Here ya go, number sweet 16 in the series: scruff35!
1.I realize many of the mods here are in a witness protection program of some sort, but can you give us your real name?
2. Why did you join PCPer/AMDMB?
I was looking for some help with an ASUS A7V-133. Of course it turned out to be a driver issue.
3. Which forums do you mod?
I am a co-mod in the Boinc forum.
4. Why do you keep coming back?
The free beers in the Boinc Bar. No seriously, this site is the best when is comes to the newest reviews, and tech news out there. But mainly, a very diverse global set of characters in the forums.
5. What was your first experience with a computer?
My first experience started when 2 friends that had computers growing up, showed me how to build. It was a PII 333 MHz. After that I was hooked.
6. Do you prefer to be called a “geek” or a “nerd”?
I don’t know. Hold on I’ll ask my wifeâ€¦â€¦.apparently due to her quick response, I’ll have to sayâ€¦â€¦.geek.
7. What exactly do you do here at PC Perspective?
Seeing that I just made mod status, and I haven’t had to deal with anything mod related yet. I’d have to say that I’m just doing what comes naturally. And that would beâ€¦hanging out with friends. Oh, and running Boincâ€¦come on I know you want to try itâ€¦come on over to the Boinc forum and give it a whirl. I hope that didn’t come across as a shameless plug.
8. What do you like most about your ‘job’? I realize it’s actually a rudimentary form of slavery or servitude, but you are still hereâ€¦can you explain this to our readers?
I’d have to say hanging out with our members, and cheerleading for the Boinc forum.
9. OK, we all know this is comingâ€¦What do you like least about your job?
I honestly have to say nothing.
10. How long have you been active in PC Perspective?
October 2001. Man, time flies.
11. Where are most active here? What is it you suppose that draws you to that particular area?
Definitely the Boinc forum, then next would be the Off Topic forum. Friendships with other members and all the everyday conversations are what draw me in.
12. What interests do you have outside of PC Perspective. Don’t be shy, if you don’t have a life outside of here, many readers would like to know!
I just recently bought a Canon Rebel XTi digital camera setup. I think once the weather gets nicer, I’ll be spending a little more time exploring the outdoors and taking pictures.
13. OK, it’s hardware time! Let’s start with your most, or current favorite piece of hardware. Tell us about it.
I’d have to say my 3 3800 X2. All crunching Boinc.
14. Software? Hey, if you are a closet Linux user, now’s the time to come out. (If you are a closet Microsoft user, don’t be afraid, we can keep a secret!)
Just MS for now. But Spankin Partier is going to help me (when I’m ready) learn Linux.
15. OK, let’s get real personal. Witness Protection Program be damnedâ€¦Can you tell us something about yourself you’d like us to know?
I’m going bald!! No really, I really am.
16. What can you tell us about your job? Hey, if you do something illegal, now’s a good enough time as any to make a clean start!
I work for a company that makes the seats for a GM/Suzuki plant.
17. Where do you live? (Be fearless, your secret is safe with us..)
St Thomas, Ontario.
18. What can you tell us about your family??
I’ve been with my wife for 9 years. Married for 5 of those years. No pets, except for a few pond goldfish. Have 3 great stepsons and their beautiful families.
19. Here’s a delicate oneâ€¦How old are you and where did you grow up?
I am 42, and I grew up in a town called Hanmer, Ontario. It is just a 20 minute drive north of Sudbury, Ontario.
20. Well, we are getting to the end of it, it’ll all be over soon, I promise. What would like to say to our forum members, go ahead anything. Get it off your chest. We have all day hereâ€¦.
I’d like to say thank you for the opportunity to be part of this great site.
Interview with Moderator scruff35
Source: PC Perspective