“A WORM for the Open Office package which delivers a picture of a merchant banker in a bunny suit committing an act which Victorian doctors would have claimed damaged eye sight, has been found by the virus experts at Sophos.
The ‘proof of concept’ virus targets the open-source office package OpenOffice and runs on Windows, Mac and Linux computers.”
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Unicode Encoding Flaw Widespread @ Slashdot
- AMD to use TSMC for most graphics chips @ The Inquirer
- Linksys iPhone CIT400: a Skype phone without OS limits @ Ars Technica
- 2007 AMD Microsoft Tech Tour @ The TechZone
- Logitech QuickCam Ultra Vision SE Review @ OCC
- Interview with Tom Anderson of Novint @ Techgage
- Xbox 360 Spring Update Fix @ DragonSteelMods
- The Digital Living Room: What’s coming from Microsoft @ Digital Trends
- Go Video 7″ All-In-One Music and Movie System Review @ Bigbruin
Source: The Inquirer
Thankfully it has never been used for an exploit, but researchers have found a vulnerability in OpenOffice. Using the built in StarBasic scripting language, this virus can infect Windows, Mac or Linux boxes, and show a picture of a man in a bunny suit … er … being naughty. The Inquirer has more on this vulnerability, that should hopefully be fixed soon.