“LG.Philips LCD announced yesterday it has developed the world’s first 14.1-inch flexible color electronic paper (e-paper) display, equivalent in size to an A4 sheet of paper. This is a second breakthrough in e-paper for LG.Philips LCD, which introduced the world’s first 14.1-inch black and white flexible e-paper display in May 2006, the company said.”
Here are some more Mobile articles from around the web:
- Mobile Edge Alienware Odyssey @ GideonTech
- Mobile GPU Comparison Guide Rev. 6.4 @ TechARP
- ScreenTek Laptop LCD Replacement Guide @ Virtual-Hideout
- RIM BlackBerry Curve 8300 @ CoolTechZone
- Motorola MOTORIZR Z3 Review @ Digital Trends
DigiTimes has a look at the newest thing from LG.Phillips, a flexible colour LCD in A4 size (14.1″ across). By placing the TFT on metal foil rather that on glass, you get a flexible screen that is hopefully also durable. Drop by and give it a look, if this catches on then ebooks and online newspapers will be a lot nicer to read.