“”In this installment, we covered the topic of anti-virus software and the best practices you can adopt to make full use of them. Armed with regular updates and following the tips we set out, you can be assured of a much safer system. This is particularly important if your PC is open for public use.
In the next part, we will take a look at spyware and how to remove them. This includes both basic and advanced spyware removal procedures. We will also take a look at various anti-spyware utilities and see how they can help us maintain the security of our systems. Finally, we will take a look at some tips that will keep you safe from getting hit by viruses, spyware and other malware. “”
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- New GCC 4.2.0 — boon to developers, bore to distros @ NewsForge
- Firefox users lead the way in keeping up to date @ Ars Technica
- Spy Shot of a Quad Core Enabled Laptop and Updated Details @ Techwarelabs
- Preventative Measures For Copyrighted Material on MySpace and YouTube @ PC Mechanic
- How to Build a Business PC @ PC Mechanic
- DH and ECS Competition: Win 5 Video Cards
- Ultra Products ChillTec CPU Cooler Contest @ Bigbruin
PC Self Defense Course
Source: Tech ARP
In Part 5 & 6 of TechARPs continuing Boot Camp series they will show you tricks on keeping yourself safe from the virtual nasties on the internet. By just sticking with simple tips to achieve security, they are creating a guide that anyone can understand and follow, so send it on to those who have difficult understanding just how their PC ended up full of spyware or worse.