“If there’s one thing Bioshock clearly has going for it, it’s atmosphere. The beautifully ruined environments, the desperation and malevolence of the inhabitants, and the claustrophobia of the ever-present ocean pressing down all work together marvelously to create an overwhelming feeling of unease and dread. Man, oh man, this game cannot come out quickly enough.
Also, Big Daddies are going to be very, very tough to kill.”
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Activision: Quake Wars coming in the third quarter @ The Tech Report
- Quake III Arena on a six inch PC @ VIA Arena
- First Direct X 10 game is out @ The Inquirer
- Teachings of the Wii Generation @ OCModShop
- Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars @ Strategy Informer
- Cell Factor Revolution @ Overclock3d
- Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner @ Strategy Informer
A glimpse into the world of BioShock
Source: Wired News
From the same minds that brought you System Shock 1 & 2, comes BioShock. Not a sequel or prequel, but still having the same type of atmosphere as the first two, this time you find yourself trapped in a bathysphere that was supposedly uninhabited. Watch the streaming video on Wired for a look at what you will find living beneath the waters.