“A REPORT in local newspaper the Albany Business Review said AMD may quite well find a partner to help fund a fab in the Luther Forest Technology Campus in New York State.
A rep told the paper that AMD is considering the option as part of its “asset light” strategy. “Asset light”, apparently, means not having many assets on the AMD balance sheet.”
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- USB flash drive worm arrives @ The Inquirer
- Details on Microsoft’s antitrust search changes for Vista SP1 @ Ars Technica
- SueTube: sex, copyright, and rock & roll @ Ars Technica
- Logitech QuickCam and QuickCam Deluxe For Notebooks @ HardwareLogic
- KateOS 3.6 Beta 2 @ Phoronix
- Driver Sweeper 0.4.5 @ Guru3D
- EyeOS Review @ OSWeekly
- How-To: Resolve Ubuntu Wireless Problems @ OSWeekly
- Safari for Windows: Who Cares? @ OSWeekly
- Top 5 Reasons Why Safari Will Fail on Windows @ CoolTechZone
- Surface: Microsoft’s Next Winner @ OSWeekly
- Firefox Extensions Waiting to Be Exploited @ MadPenguin
- XtremeMac Luna Review @ Digital Trends
- HTC S710 @ DVHardware
- Used Lens Buying Guide Rev. 5.0 @ TechARP
- Computex 2007: Evercool @ techPowerUp!
- Computex 2007: Noctua & Coolink @ techPowerUp!
- Computex 2007: Patriot @ techPowerUp!
- Computex 2007: Qimonda @ techPowerUp!
- Computex 2007: Arctic Cooling @ techPowerUp!
- Computex 2007: TwinMOS @ techPowerUp!
- Computex 2007: Toppower @ techPowerUp!
- Computex 2007: Vizo @ techPowerUp!
- CommunicAsia2007 – Part 1 @ Hardware Zone
Source: The Inquirer
The Inquirer has a link with a bit of interesting news about AMD. It would seem that they are looking for a partner to help them set up a new fab in Saratoga County, in upper NY State. Also in the article, although denied by the AMD rep, is a question about the future of one of the two AMD Dresden fabs.